"So, I think I'm ready for a relationship".
Said by many, meant by few. Although someone may think they
are ready, they very well may not be. Just because you graduated from
high-school, college, etc doesn’t mean you are ready. Nor does the feeling of
finally not wanting to be alone justifies 'readiness'.
Is your character ready?Confused? Let me explain...
I'm Lucy. (everyone say hi Lucy)
Most of my college years I had a different guy every other month. (I got bored very easily).
After graduation, I decided that it was time to settle down and stop playing games. After all, my clock was tickin. I met Jared. He was such a sweetheart. He made me laugh, treated me like a queen, and eventually told me he felt as though I was the one. I felt the same way! Buuuut...Mike was over there giving me the side-eye. He was an ex of mine. well..sort-of. We were off and on. I was into Jared, but Mike was so much fun. So Mike and I decided to hang out a few times. Harmless flirting here and there..and before I knew it, I was no longer faithful to Jared.
What happened????
Often young adults feel as though while they are young, they can do whatever they want with whomever they want with no reprocussions. The idea that when they are ready to be in a commited relationship ,they will stop with the games and be serious.
If you are practicing one way DO NOT think when you are ready for a 'real' relationship it will be that easy to switch off the 'game' mentality. You may find yourself doing what you are use to.You may not necessarily cheat, but your selfish 'me! me! me!' mentality may still be present. I used the example of Lucy just because I happen to be a woman, but there are some Lukes out there!
I once had someone tell me "don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong." How do you do that? Practice being a better person FIRST. Practice caring, listening, forgiving, encouraging..practice LOVING in allll your relationships--->How about starting with your parents, siblings, friends, accountability partners, and co-workers.
No comments:
Post a Comment